Stay Cool this Summer with Upgraded Windows
Spring is in swing, and we’re already feeling the warmer weather. And with this winter bringing snowfall across the southern U.S., most Americans are looking forward to the shifting season. But if you felt particularly affected by the cold even when you were inside your home this winter, that’s a sign of poor insulation in your home, and the likely culprit is your windows. Help keep your home cool during the summer months by choosing upgraded windows.
Here’s how to tell if you need to replace your windows:
- Single-pane glass: If your windows have only one pane, they will be more susceptible to the cold seeping in from the outside, especially older windows with cracks in the wood or missing sealant. New double-pane windows can help stop the cold from getting in.
- Poor installation: A poorly installed window can result in a broken seal. Signs of this are condensation inside your windows or a build-up of moisture between the panes.
- Energy inefficiency: When your windows are letting out all the A/C as you pump it into your home, you’re bound to see energy costs go up. This is a significant indicator that you need to replace your windows.
Wear and Tear
- Broken panes: Accidents, storm debris, and many other events can result in broken panes and an urgent need to replace them.
- Damaged opening mechanisms: Damaged opening mechanisms can defeat the purpose of a non-picture window. If your sliding window doesn’t slide anymore or the lock no longer works, your access to fresh air, home insulation, and safety are all at risk.
- Frame decay: This one may seem obvious, but you may not even notice frame decay (cracks, dampness, and mold) if you aren’t looking closely enough.
- Noise reduction: If it feels like you can hear all the sounds in your neighborhood, new windows are a great way to stop that issue.
- Style/curb appeal: Your style is uniquely your own. So, if you feel like the windows on your home don’t reflect your personality or preferences, new windows can give your home a fresh new look that fits you better. And, if they suit the house better, they will raise the curb appeal of your home.
- Home placement: Are there rooms in your home you find don’t get enough sunlight? Adding windows or even a skylight to places in your home where there previously were none can make a world of difference, literally and metaphorically lighting up the room.
If you’re experiencing any of the issues above, or it’s just time for a change, Tri County Windows can help you address choosing upgraded windows. Call us today to learn more!