How Windows Can Change Your Home Ambiance
While we might take them for granted, windows are an essential part of our home—both aesthetically and functionally. Centuries ago, their main purpose was to let light in and keep the cold out. Before the advent of glass, first used by the Romans, people used flattened animal horns, oil cloths, or parchment. Frames were made from wood until the early part of the 20th century; now, they are also made from aluminum, vinyl, and fiberglass.
Transform Your Home’s Ambiance With Windows
Today, we know this – the right windows can drastically improve the ambiance of your home.
Here are six major ways windows can transform your home’s aesthetic.
1. Energy Efficiency Heating and cooling your home can be an expensive proposition. New windows, often rated for energy efficiency, can reduce the amount you pay each month in utility bills. In addition to creating comfort, energy-efficient windows reduce the wear and tear on your heating and cooling systems because they don’t have to work overtime. Being energy efficient is also kind to our environment – not to mention your wallet come tax time.
2. Home Security Feeling safe in your home is a primary concern. With new windows, you’ll never have to worry about prying open a painted-shut window in case of a fire or other emergency requiring a window exit. Additionally, new windows have locks and security sensors that will give you peace of mind.
3. Noise Reduction Your neighbor’s barking dog or an early morning visit from the trash truck can ruin your sense of well-being—especially on those days when you get to sleep in. New technology can help limit or reduce outside noise and promote calm.
4. Allergy Relief If hay fever’s got you down, the proper windows can keep your allergies at bay. With new windows, you might be able to put those tissues and allergy meds away or at least rely on them less.
5. Let the Sunshine In It’s well known that fresh air and abundant sunshine are good for the soul. Nothing spells happiness like a sunny day and having windows that make the most of the sun and let in fresh air (for non-allergy sufferers) can contribute to feelings of happiness and contentment.
6. Beauty While beauty is in the eye of the beholder, new windows will absolutely heighten the curb appeal of your home. In addition to enjoying the heightened ambiance, they will offer an excellent return on value if or when you ever decide to sell. Some potential buyers will turn away from the prospect of having to install new windows. Rest assured your investment will more than pay off by creating a powerful first impression.
For most people, their home is the single biggest investment they will ever make. It’s your sanctuary. Your happy place. Your everything. For more information on how windows can improve your home’s ambiance, or a free consultation, contact us. Our experts are here to help you.