As a homeowner, you are always looking for ways to ensure your home’s exterior is protected against the elements such as sun damage, weather conditions, and regular wear and tear. Not only do you want your exterior to function as a protectant to your interior, but you also want to make sure it looks good. Curb appeal plays a major role in a homeowner’s decision to make changes to their exterior. When you are looking for ways to better protect your home while still making it look good, you’ll want to consider installing a storm door. This can elevate the look of your front entrance while also providing needed protection for your home.
What Is a Storm Door?
Storm doors are highly customizable outer doors that can be made to fit the current style of your home. One common feature of storm doors is interchangeable or retractable glass and screen panels. Frames and glass features are available in several different styles. Frames are commonly constructed from vinyl, aluminum, fiberglass, or wood material. You can also customize the glass of your screen doors, such as full-view, mid-view, or high-view. You can further customize your door to match the color of your existing exterior or main door. You can then select from a wide variety of customizable blinds, locks, handles, and hinges to create a look that is unique to you.
5 Perks of Installing a Storm Door
1. Weather protection. The exterior of our home is bombarded with dirt, debris, pollution, and bad weather on an almost daily basis. Bad weather like rain, snow, or hail can cause damage to your door. High winds can even pose a threat if they are capable of carrying and tossing debris. A storm door helps ensure that your main door is protected from these types of damages. It also acts as an additional layer of insulation. This helps to keep cold drafts and hard winds out of your home.
2. Ventilation. When the weather is nice, a storm door is a great addition to your home. You can open your main door, allowing fresh air to flow throughout your home. Since the storm door stays in place, this keeps unwanted bugs and pests from entering your home. You’ll love having the ability to easily allow more sunlight and a cool breeze to circulate through your home in warmer weather.
3. Accessibility. Installing a storm door not only provides a way to let fresh air into your home but also makes your outdoor space more accessible. If you have kids, it is a great way to quickly glance outside and check on them while they are outside playing. Pets love the benefit of checking out what is happening in the neighborhood. This is a great way to keep your pets occupied, and give them additional time to lay in the sun, even when being kept indoors.
4. Security. A storm door can lock the same way your main door does. Two locked doors can slow down or completely deter any potential intruders. You can also answer your door when there is an unexpected knock and still have that protected barrier until you can assess who it is.
5. Curb appeal. A storm door can make the exterior of your home even more appealing. If you ever decide to sell your home, this can be an attractive feature for potential home buyers.
Install Your Storm Door Today If a storm door feels like a good addition to your home, it is the perfect time to turn to an expert who can help you fully customize and install your door. The experienced team at Tri-County Windows and Siding can help you through any step of the process. There are a lot of options to consider, and having someone experienced on your side can make the process effortless.