Your windows play a major role in the look and feel of your home. Windows not only play a practical role, but they also impact the way your home is viewed by others. When properly maintained, windows can last a long time. At some point though, you’ll most likely have to consider replacing your windows. This can seem daunting, especially when dealing with historical windows. Replacing your windows doesn’t have to be difficult—with the vast selection of window options, you won’t have to sacrifice the look and style of your home.
Do I Need to Replace My Windows?
When it comes to determining if your windows are due for a replacement, there are a few different factors to consider. Common signs that your windows need to be replaced include:
- Faulty Operation – If you notice that your windows are getting harder to open or close, this can be a good sign that they need replacing. Jamming or sticking often happen because the aging window has developed a balance issue. Opening your windows should be quick and easy.
- Cold Drafts – Drafts can become an issue for numerous reasons. Feeling a draft typically indicates that the seals around your window have become damaged. A draft may only feel like a minor inconvenience, but it does compromise your home’s thermal stability. In time, this can lead to higher energy bills.
- Foggy Windows – Foggy windows or windows with excessive condensation between the glass panes can show that the window’s glazing is losing its effectiveness. This is most often noticeable on cold days.
- Audible Outside Noise- Do you feel like you can hear everything that is happening outside of your home? This can be a clear sign that your window is not providing enough insulation anymore. Replacing your windows can help reduce noise transmission as well as improve overall sound performance.
- Damaged Windows- Windows can become damaged for a variety of reasons. These damages can lead to mold, excessive condensation, cracks, or chips. Damage to your windows can also expose both your frame and glass to the elements, which can lead to further issues if not taken care of. Damaged or broken windows make for an easier chance of pests and insects entering your home, as well as allergens that could impact the overall quality of the air within your home.
Who Can Help?
If you are unsure if your windows need to be replaced, your best option is to turn to a window professional. They can help ensure that your windows do truly need to be replaced, and what your best options are. Replacing your windows can provide a perfect opportunity to upgrade the overall look of your home. Relying on a trusted expert can help you select the best window for your home and personal taste. Our team at Tri County Windows and Siding prides itself on helping customers select the perfect window update. We are here to help every step of the way to ensure that your new windows are exactly what you were looking for.